- be aged 17 or over at the point of application and must be 18 by the time you are appointed
- be a British Citizen, an EC / EEA national or a commonwealth citizen, or a foreign national with no restrictions on your stay in the UK
- have had a minimum of three years continuous residency in the UK, with less than 12 months spend abroad in the last three years (with some exceptions for those living on a UK military base)
- pass our Fitness Test, reaching level 5.4 on a 15 metre shuttle run (bleep test)
- posses a Level 2 Qualification in Maths and English Language (equivalent to GCSE grade A-C or Level 4 or above)
- posses a Level 3 qualification within the meaning of Section 3 of the Education and Skills Act
Driving licence - A PCSO may be required to drive various marked police vehicles so it is imperative for them to have a full UK driving licence (or equivalent).